1.62 Multiplayer improvements and fixes:
- CHANGE: Linux server updated to 1.62.
- CHANGE: Additional minor physics tweaks to match 1.35.
- CHANGE: Improvements to visual artifacts caused by high lag.
- CHANGE: Shotgun horizontal knockback reduced slightly.
- CHANGE: Cfg.NetcodeEnemyPredictionInterpolationFactor added to allow adjustments to enemy position prediction (default 0.66).
- CHANGE: Removed hallway collision models in maps DM_Psycho, Absinthe and Sacred to facilitate faster player movement.
- FIX: Demo recording FPS droppping issues.
- FIX: Demo playback resetting to Main Menu no longer occurs.
- FIX: FPS drop collision issue on map DM_Psycho fixed.
- FIX: Getting ‘stuck’ issue on maps DM_Psycho and Sacred fixed.
- FIX: Random drop on demo playback bug corrected.
- FIX: Spectators going through portals now works correctly.
- FIX: Double teleportation visual now fixed.
- FIX: Staked grenade explosions behind walls no longer work.
- FIX: Map changes while demo recording no longer cause crashes.
- FIX: Miscellaneous sound playback issues.
- FIX: Minor Windows incompatibility error for some users.
- FIX: Weapon fire prediction FXs.
- FIX: Automatically firing after respawn.
1.61 Multiplayer and Singleplayer improvements and fixes: MULTIPLAYER:
- NEW: Multiplayer maps: Battle Out of Hell maps included.
- NEW: Multiplayer maps: Ritual CPL Dueling maps included.
- NEW: Multiplayer map: DM_Exmortis included.
- NEW: Multiplayer modes: Capture the Flag and Last Man Standing included.
- NEW: Multiplayer weapons: SMG and Boltgun/Heater included.
- NEW: Custom lscripts.pak (painkiller.exe -lscripts filename.pak).
- NEW: 1.5+ networking core included.
- NEW: 1.5+ graphics engine updated (includes Shader Model 3.0 support).
- NEW: Enhanced server maintenance and configuration tool.
- NEW: Cfg.StartupWeapon (1-7), 0 – start weapon disabled.
- NEW: CPL console lockout option on dedicated servers.
- CHANGE: No callvoting non CTF maps while in CTF.
- CHANGE: Movement values tweaked to match 1.35.
- CHANGE: Players joining Duel servers to make 3+ games adjusted.
- FIX: Low level water in DM_Exmortis.
- FIX: Respawning errors in CTF_Forbidden.
- FIX: Stakegun shooting sound is now correct for all players.
- FIX: DM_Exmortis: low-resolution graphics errors fixed.
- FIX: Acid damage in DM_Exmortis works correctly.
- FIX: SMG will continue to do the firing with no ammo is fixed.
- FIX: DM_Fragenstien: Mirror Teleport with machine gun ammo works properly.
- FIX: Minor problems with “CDKey in use” on LAN have been fixed.
- FIX: Commando bright skins error in CTF is fixed.
- FIX: Faulty rocket jump when playing on the Internet bug fixed.
- FIX: Commando brightskins are fixed when on opposite CTF team.
- FIX: Flag loss issue in some CTF maps.
- FIX: Miscellaneous MP timer issues.
- CHANGE: Various Iron Will card issues adjusted.
- CHANGE: Description for Armor Regeneration adjusted.
- CHANGE: Shotgun and nun area trigger zone size increased in Orphanage.
- FIX: Trauma unlocking after nine Tarot cards in Battle Out of Hell.
- FIX: The canister from SMG’s combo counts as a destroyed object.
- FIX: Ammo count errors with the 666 ammo card equipped are fixed.
- FIX: When you get the Rebirth card on Coliseum correct graphic now shows.
- FIX: Five Demon Morphs error in The Coliseum (BOoH-07) now fixed.
- FIX: Going LEFT in level Babel checkpoint and kill counter error fixed.
- FIX: Removal of empty save directories and overwriting of quicksaves.
- FIX: Script error in City on the water (Skulls and Hellbikers).
- FIX: If a certain path is taken you can’t proceed (Docks) is fixed.
- FIX: Items now disappear correctly.
- FIX: Demon morph mode is recorded in demos.
- FIX: Sometimes demos were playing with incorrect speed.
NOTE: Version 1.62 includes all changes and enhancements from previous Painkiller updates. Also note, installing this patch will break any previous savegames that are not quicksaves or saved in version 1.61.
- Painkiller Games
- CPL World Tour
Painkiller is a first-person shooter game released on April 12, 2004. The game takes place in Purgatory and Hell. The main character is Daniel Garner.