Already officialy known the publisher of the game Painkiller: Recurring Evil is Nordic Games GmbH, what isn’t a surprise, because the labels JoWooD and DreamCatcher are relaunched under the Nordic Games GmbH brand. On the Nordic Games forum was published a short information about Recurring Evil. An official release date is still not announced.
ANNOmaniac (Community Leader) about the game:
Battle never ceases in the realm known as Hell. This time around it’s a battle for the freedom of your very own soul. Can you make the escape from your prison hidden on the bottom pit of Hell? Do you have the guts to travel through the most dangerous, twisted, and mind-boggling areas which are infamous for being feared even by demons themselves? You better be prepared to significantly downsize (read: annihilate) the demonic population in this corner of Hell.
Once again, you’ll have a chance to absorb the magnificent, dark atmosphere of the good (or evil?) Painkiller, the only true oldschool First Person Shooter makes its return. Tough as 25 year old beef jerky, absolutely no signs of remorse, and without any touch of motion blur or other technological makeup… Just Painkiller, nothing else!
- 5 new levels with stunning locations like an Angkor temple, a massive old warehouse, and a highway with a huge pile-up of cars, a monastery, and a cemetery.
- This new campaign guarantees for 5+ hours of new and genuine Painkiller action
- Genuine Painkiller action includes, but is not limited to:
- A Sh*t load of demons to “deal with”
- No Autoheal, you got to earn your healing the hard way
- Save your game progress at any time (i.e. no checkpoint wanderings), or without any checkpoints at all, choose your difficulty setting wisely
- Even more bloodshed and action per square meter: immerse into freaking intense gameplay & ultimately challenging FPS action
- More dense maps and sick enemies than ever before: kill over 6.000 uniquely spawned wicked monsters
- Continue the story of good old Bill Sherman (Daniel Garner, should you ask, is currently busy)
- Improved graphics, AI, environments, as well as new atmospheric soundtrack